Adjust ride details to fix recording errors, make notes about your trip, or join multi day efforts together. Small, on the fly adjustments can be made to ride details in the app, and our website offers a host of Ride Clean Up tools that allow for more powerful editing options.
Ride Clean Up tools are unlocked with a Premium Ride with GPS membership.
- Quickly edit basic details such as your ride name, add a description, change the privacy and gear, or add photos. Click Save to update changes.
- Click More Options to access additional save options including:
- Associate the ride with a route you've created.
- Add friends who rode with you.
- Select a Stationary ride.
- Join two rides together.
- Click Show Metrics to view and edit individual metrics for your ride recording. This is especially useful for manually logged or uploaded rides. Note: Editing any of the distance or time details may have an adverse affect on your ride as these numbers are calculated by the time-stamps in your collected GPS points. If you need to change the length or distance of the ride it's best to use Premium Ride Cleanup tools.
- Check the Replace Elevation Data option just below your map to replace any incorrectly recorded elevation data. Check out our help page on Replacing Elevation Data for more information.
Be sure to click Save after making changes to update your ride details!
You can clean up various parts of your ride using our website:
- Log into your account at www.ridewithgps.com and open your recorded ride from your ride library.
- Click and drag across the elevation profile to select a section you want to edit. The ride map will zoom-in and center your selection.
- Refine the selection by dragging the handles on the opposite ends of the selection box. Click Clear Selection to deselect.
- Select the relevant tool from the menu in the upper right corner of your elevation profile:
- Trim Ends: Use this tool to keep a select portion of your ride recording and leave behind everything else. Drag over the elevation profile to select the portion of the ride you want to keep. Click Trim Ends to delete everything outside of your selection.
- Delete Selection: Use this tool to delete anything you've selected in the elevation profile leaving the rest of the ride intact. Points between the ends of the deleted section will be connected.
- Exclude from Metrics: The Exclude from Metrics tool is a ride cleanup tool available with a Premium subscription. This feature allows you exclude part of your ride metrics but retain your track data for the total trip; great for multi-modal rides where you've taken a ferry or subway as part of your trip. Any selected section in the elevation profile will be excluded from the ride totals.
- Sections you select to exclude will show up as a light-gray line on the map as well as in the elevation profile.
- To undo an exclusion, click and drag across the elevation profile to select the excluded section. Click Edit > Include in Metrics.
- Flatten Elevation: (this ride-cleanup tool is available on all subscription levels) Use this tool to correct elevation inaccuracies caused by bridges, tunnels, and tall buildings. Large bridges that span significant heights over water often have an elevation dip as scanning satellites record the surface elevation rather than the bridge itself. Similarly, rides passing through tunnels can cause an elevation spike from the map data. Select the area affected on the elevation profile and click Flatten Selection to correct your elevation data.
Once you've made your edits in Ride Cleanup, preview your updated ride then click Save to finalize your changes or Revert to retain your original ride recording. Note: changes cannot be undone, once saved (with the exception of excluding metrics.)
The Join Rides tool is a ride editing feature available with a Premium subscription. You can use the Join Rides tool if you've taken a two-day ride or recorded a ride in two parts that you now want to join together into one continuous ride. Follow the steps below to join rides:
- Log into your account at www.ridewithgps.com.
- Open the ride you recorded first in the Ride Summary Page.
- Click Edit in the upper left corner > More Options.
- Click Join Two Rides Together near the bottom of the page. This will show the rides you've taken before and after your currently selected ride. Click the name of a ride to view in a new tab.
- Click Join next to the name of the ride you wish to add. Two rides that are joined will create a new third ride with a title that combines the names of your two original rides. The two original rides will remain in your account unaffected, where you can keep them as original rides or delete them.
- Your ride metrics will automatically recalculate based on the data of both rides regardless of the amount of time between them.
- Use the Replace Elevation feature if your elevations between the two rides are not consistent.
- Any distance between the end of the first ride and the start of the second ride will be rendered as a straight line.
- Joined rides are a full copy of the two parent originals. Deleting the originals after joining will not affect the joined rides.
- Log into your account on the app.
- Tap More > Library > Rides.
- Tap to select and open a ride in the ride summary screen.
- Tap the three dot menu icon in the upper right corner > select Edit Details.
- Adjust ride details including: name, description, gear and privacy settings, or add a photo.
- Tap Update to apply changes.
Can you Flatten Elevation and Exclude Metrics on routes?
- Yes, check out our Advanced Route Planning Features help page for more information.