Have you ever wished you could see a map of all the roads, trails, and paths you’ve ridden over time? Your Personal Heatmap is an individualized view of all the ground you’ve covered on past rides. Whether you want to find your way back to a favorite camp spot, revisit a particularly memorable road, or avoid an unfriendly neighborhood dog, your Personal Heatmap can help you plan future excursions by showing you where you’ve already been.
Premium members can enable the Personal Heatmap layer when viewing a route or ride, as well as while planning a route in the Route Planner. You can also check out our Global Heatmap to view the frequency of routes traveled by all public Ride with GPS users.
Access your Personal Heatmap on the Web
Enable your Personal Heatmap on a Route or Ride
Personal Heatmap in the Route Planner
To view or hide your Personal Heatmap in the route planner, click on the Heatmaps menu in the upper right corner of the Route Planner screen, and click to enable Personal Heatmap from the drop down menu.
Your personal heatmap will appear on the map in purple, just as it does when viewing a route or ride.
Personal Heatmap on Mobile
To enable/disable your Personal Heatmap overlay in the mobile app, click the Map Options icon in the lower left corner of any map view screen on the app, and tap Personal Heatmap from the options that appear.
Your heatmap will show up on the map in purple, just as it does when viewing a route or ride.
- Who can view my Personal Heatmap?
- Your Personal Heatmap is private to you only, and made available with a Premium subscription. It cannot be shared at this time.
- How are my rides counted towards my Personal Heatmap?
- This overlay is created from your personal ride recording history, including private activities. However, if any of your rides, or portions of your rides have been excluded from ride or profile metrics (i.e.: the ferry ride portion), these will not be recorded on your heatmap. For more on this, check out Exclude From Metrics and Adding Gear. Additionally, manually logged rides (No GPS Recording) will not be included on your heatmap.
- Are rides through my privacy zones added to my Personal Heatmap?
- Portions of your ride that begin and end in your established privacy zones will not be added to your Personal Heatmap. However, if you cross through a privacy zone, this will be included.
- How often is my Personal Heatmap updated?
- Any time you add or edit a ride on your account, this is reflected automatically in your Personal Heatmap.