The Elevation Profile is a dynamic tool that helps you analyze climb and descent data, create segments to compare efforts across rides and riders, edit rides and routes, and deep dive into metrics.
Premium members can use the Elevation Profile to edit their rides, in case you need to remove accidentally recorded mileage or want to split up a multi day effort.
The elevation profile is a graph of a route or ride's elevation, mapped against distance (or time, based on your selection) to visualize the climbs and descents involved. It's also a great way to interact with your planned route or recorded ride based on various data points, like grade, heart rate, surfaces, and more.
Saved routes and rides include an elevation profile, and this is also displayed in the Route Planner for reference during planning. Route elevation data is pulled from elevation data in our routing engine, whereas ride elevation data is calculated from GPS and altimeter data collected by your phone or GPS unit during recording.
- Note: any saved changes you make here cannot be reversed. If you want a backup copy of your unedited route or ride, we recommend that you download a TCX file before making any edits here.
- Flatten Selection - Use this to fix dips and spikes caused by bridges and tunnels. See Flatten Elevation for more info.
- Unlocked with a Premium subscription:
- Exclude from Metrics - Exclude the selected portion of your ride or route from from the overall ride metrics. Great for those times where you have to take a ferry, bus, or subway.
- Trim Ends - Everything outside the selection will be deleted when this tool is used. This is great for keeping only a section, or deleting the start/end at the same time.
- Delete Section - The selection will be deleted. Great for cutting out that part of the ride where you forgot to turn off the GPS or stop recording.