Add gear to keep track of miles, maintenance, and performance on each of your trusty bicycles. Your default piece of gear will be auto selected for you when a ride is saved, and you have the opportunity to select a different option at this time.
Gear can be helpful for tracking non-cycling activities, like miles on foot. Just add a piece of gear designated as "running shoes," "hiking boots," "on foot," etc. and choose exclude from profile totals as you set this up. This will keep your slower pace from inflating your estimated time on routes.
Why Use Gear?
- If you have multiple bikes, adding a gear designation will help you keep track of which bike you rode on a particular ride.
- Add your running shoes or other various kinds of gear, so you can keep mileage on foot, skis, snowshoes, etc. separate from your cycling miles.
- Customize your profile with photos of your awesome bike setup.
- If you add bike weight, this will be factored into your calorie burn counts.
- Premium and Basic subscribers can track how many miles have been covered on each bike. This is helpful to analyze your training mileage, and stay on top of regular bike and equipment maintenance.
- Log into your account on our website.
- Click More, locate Gear on the right side of your screen
- Click Add Bike or Add Accessory
- Enter desired details. All information is optional, but some of these features will affect how rides are logged:
- Weight: add your bike's weight to make calorie burn estimates more accurate.
- Exclude from Profile Totals: check this box if you want to exclude any rides associated with this bike from contributing to your profile totals and estimated time on routes.
- Archive Gear: associate older ride history with an archived piece of gear (like a bicycle that you rode for a while but no longer own).
- Always use my home timezone for activities using this gear: enable this option to set up a separate piece of gear for Zwift rides and have them count in the correct time zones.
- Click Save Gear to finish.
Once you've created your new gear item, click Add Photos in your gear item's main page to show it off with photos. Select photos directly from your computer.
- Log into your account on the website and click Analyze from the left menu.
- Click to select relevant date filters to show your rides then click Show Filters under the Advanced Filters section to show your ride in a list view.
- Select multiple rides by clicking the checkbox to the left of the ride names.
- Once rides are selected, click Assign Gear at the bottom of the screen > select gear item > click Update.
To manage default gear:
- Log into your account on the website.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner and select Settings
- Click Preferences > Default Gear > select a gear item.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen to apply your default setting.
Archive your gear when it is no longer in use.
- Access the Gear section of your profile on the website.
- Click on the piece of gear that you wish to archive.
- Click Edit > Check the option to Archive Gear.
- Click Save.
- Unarchive by returning to this section and unchecking Archive Gear.
To find and view an archived bike on your account, click View All in the Gear section of your profile on the website.
- Access the gear section in your profile on the website.
- Select a gear item to view
- Click Maintenance Log just below the Gear item's name.
To complete a maintenance task, click the check mark to the right of the planned task. To add completed maintenance tasks for unplanned repairs, such as a flat tire, click Log Maintenance and enter the date and details of the repair.