Do you blog about your rides? Do you have a website that you share rides and routes with your club or team? Our embed feature, with an interactive map and elevation profile, is a great way to share this information on your site. Check out the example below.
- Open the ride or route you want to share on your website.
- Click to SHARE from the upper left corner.
- Click the GET CUSTOM EMBED button.
Select the HTML code that is in Embed Code field, and COPY this code to use on your blog or website.
Paste the HTML code into your site or blog. Depending on your blogging platform, you may have to paste this code in a TEXT or CODE editor. Use TEXT when using Wordpress and CODE when using Blogger.
In the sample embedded map below, you can:
- Click "View Full Version" to view the ride page for more metrics, links to export, and other sharing options.
- Send the route directly to your device.
- Pan and zoom.
- Click & drag the elevation graph to select parts of the route.
- Change map view.
- Click on point of interest icons and photo clusters to see more detail.
Tips on using the Embed
- Wordpress.com users may not be able to use the embed as IFRAMES are not allowed. However, using Wordpress.org installed on your own hosting server the embed will work fine.
- Adjust the height to suit the needs of your site. We recommend a minimum of 300px, otherwise the route will show extremely small.
- You can embed rides, routes, and event pages.
- Event pages can take advantage of the Multi-route Embed.
- POIs on routes will show up in the embed and can be clicked to show more information and photos.