- Select Upload from the left hand toolbar on your Ride with GPS homescreen.
- The Browse Files button will bring up a browser window, allowing selection of GPS files from your computer.
- Select the files you wish to upload: GPX, TCX, KML, KMZ, or FIT files are all accepted. Multiple files can be selected by holding Control (Windows) or Command (OS X) and clicking on multiple files.
- Once you've selected your files, choose if you'd like to Save as a Route, or Upload as a Completed Ride. Note: For more information about the distinction between rides and routes, check out our Rides vs. Routes help article.
- You can view your files after they are uploaded. Click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of each ride or route to view the ride or route, edit details, delete the item, or open a route in the Route Planner.
Sometimes, uploading a GPS file will result in an error message. If this happens, you'll see how many files successfully uploaded, as well as a few messages giving extra information about the errors encountered. Some example errors are outlined below:
- Duplicate files will not be uploaded, to prevent you from having multiple versions of the same ride saved to your Ride Library. Duplicate files are detected based on the time stamps found in your GPS file.
- Rides without time data are unable to be uploaded. In order for a ride to display properly on Ride with GPS, the GPS file it comes from needs to have associated time data.
- Files in unsupported formats are unable to be uploaded. Only GPX, TCX, KML, KMZ, or FIT files are able to be uploaded.
If you'd like to upload a GPS file from your phone, you can do so in the mobile app. Check out our help article detailing this process here: Import GPS files in the app.
Email your selected GPS file as an attachment to UPLOAD@RIDEWITHGPS.COM from your Ride with GPS profile email, and it will sync it to your account for access on the web and mobile app.
For Garmin Edge devices, learn more about using Auto Sync with Garmin Connect to automatically send ride and route files between your device and your Ride with GPS account.
Once Ride with GPS is authorized to sync with your Wahoo ELEMNT device, recorded ride data will automatically upload to your Ride with GPS account and display under Rides in your feed. For a deeper dive into the Wahoo sync process, visit our Wahoo help page.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Once device is recognized, select Upload at the top of the Ride with GPS website.
- Click on the Select Files button.
- Browse to the following path on the Garmin drive or volume: Garmin (volume or drive model number) > Garmin > Activities.
Forget to record your ride within the app or leave your GPS at home? You can always log your ride manually after the fact.
If you want to include a visible map track of your ride that didn't get recorded:
- Log into your account at www.ridewithgps.com.
- Click Route Planner at the top of your screen, and recreate the route you rode.
- Click Save in the lower left corner of the route planner. Then, scroll down and click Show More Options at the bottom of the save dialog box.
- At the bottom of the expanded save form, look for Record this as a Trip and select YES.
- Enter additional ride details and metrics.
- Click Save at the very bottom of the window to log your ride.
Why would I upload a ride manually, instead of recording my ride in-app or automatically syncing it from a GPS computer?
- Automatically syncing your rides from your GPS device, like a Garmin or Wahoo, will allow you to see all your rides on your Ride with GPS account, without having to manually upload each ride. That said, if you forgot to record part way through, or did not record a ride, you can still follow the steps above to manually upload the ride.
What's the difference between manually logging a ride and saving a route as a ride?
- When you save a route as a ride, the resulting ride will have an associated map showing the track you took on your ride. Manually logged rides will not have a map, but still contain metrics that contribute to your profile totals.
How can I upload a route to my organization's Route Library?
- In order to upload a route to your organization's Route Library, you'll need to first sign in to your organization. Once signed in, you can select "Upload" from the top menu bar to be taken to the upload page for your organization.
I uploaded a file and saved it as a Route, but I can't use Turn by Turn Navigation. Why not?
- In order for your Route to have turn by turn navigation, it needs to have a Cuesheet associated with it. Premium subscribers can use the Trace Tool to create a cuesheet for any saved routes.