Load our Android Wear app to your WearOS device to record rides and view in-ride metrics.
Updating to the latest version of the app or installing it for the first time on Google Play will install the app on your Android Wear device automatically. It may take a few minutes for the app to appear.
Record an Activity
- Tap Ride with GPS from the list of Wearable Apps.
- Select either On Phone or On Watch.
- On Phone means that the app starts recording your activity on your Android phone while the Wearable will start to display metrics.
- On Watch means it will take advantage of the built-in GPS to start recording the activity. If you have a Wearable with a built-in GPS, then you can record an activity without having to take your phone with you.
Record On Watch - You'll immediately see the pause screen until the watch gets a GPS signal. As soon as the watch gets a GPS lock, the screen will switch to the first page of metrics and the ride duration will start to count up.
- Swipe left to get to the first page of metrics.
- Swipe a second time to see the second page of metrics.
Record on Watch or on Phone
- As you start moving, the metrics will get updated every 2 seconds.
- Swipe left again to see a second page of metrics.
- If you started the ride on the watch, the metrics will remain on their defaults.
- If you started the ride on the phone, you can change the metrics within the app on your phone.
- As long as you are wearing the device on your wrist and it has good contact with the skin you should start to see your heart rate on the right side (as long as your Watch model supports this).
Save your Activity
- Swipe right to show the pause button.
- Tap the pause button.
- Tap Resume to keep your activity going.
- Tap Stop to save your activity. As long as your phone is nearby and Bluetooth is enabled the ride will upload automatically.
- After the activity is uploaded you can go to the app on your Android device or to the website to rename the activity, change privacy, select gear, and set a description.
- Can I install the Watch app without downloading the phone app?
- No, only by installing the app onto your phone will the wearable app install onto your device. You can remove it from the wearable while retaining the app on your phone but not the other way around.
- Will this app work with my Samsung Gear?
- The Ride with GPS watch app is only for devices running Android OS. It currently does not support Tizen or other smartwatch operating systems.
- I'm not getting heart rate, what am I doing wrong?
- Not all models have the HR monitor. If your device does have the heart rate sensor built into it, you'll need to make sure the device is snug against your skin and start the recording from the watch rather than the phone.
- Can I change metrics on the watch?
- Start recording from the app on your phone and change metrics there. Then the changes will be reflected on the watch. If you start recording on the watch then the metrics cannot be changed.
- How do I stop recording?
- Swipe left until you see the pause icon. Press pause, then Stop to finish recording.
- I didn't mean to start recording on my watch, why can't I cancel it without saving?
- This is by design. Since you can't review a ride on the watch, you will have to save it, upload it, then either go to the website or mobile app to delete it.
- What do all these abbreviated metrics mean?
- ELEG – Elevation Gain ELEL – Elevation Loss DUR – Duration SPD – Speed TAS – Total Average Speed DIST – Distance VAM – VAM velocità ascensionale media HR – Heart Rate CAD – Cadence RDS – Remaining Distance TMP – Temperature POW – Power AMS – Average Moving Speed MVT – Moving Time ELE – (current) Elevation PAC – Pace MVP – Moving Pace TIME – Time? TIME – Time? CUE – Distance to Cue BAT – Battery? AHR – Average Heart Rate APOW – Average Power (watts) HDG – Heading (N,S,E,W) CUE – Bearing to Cue ACAD – Average Cadence