Load our Wear OS app to your Wear OS device to record rides and view in-ride metrics.
Updating to the latest version of the app or installing it for the first time on Google Play will install the app on your Wear OS device automatically. It may take a few minutes for the app to appear.
- Tap Ride with GPS from the list of Wearable Apps.
- Select either On Phone or On Watch.
- On Phone means that the app starts recording your activity on your Android phone while your watch will start to display metrics.
- On Watch means it will take advantage of your watch's built-in GPS to start recording the activity. If you have a watch with a built-in GPS, then you can record an activity without having to take your phone with you.
- Record On Watch - You'll immediately see the pause screen until the watch gets a GPS signal. As soon as the watch gets a GPS lock, the screen will switch to the first page of metrics and the ride duration will start to count up.
- Swipe left to get to the first page of metrics.
- Swipe a second time to see the second page of metrics.
- As you start moving, the metrics will get updated every 2 seconds.
- Swipe left again to see a second page of metrics.
- If you started the ride on the watch, the metrics will remain on their defaults.
- If you started the ride on the phone, you can change the metrics within the app on your phone.
- As long as you are wearing the device on your wrist and it has good contact with the skin you should start to see your heart rate on the right side (as long as your watch model supports this).
- Swipe right to show the Pause button.
- Tap the Pause button.
- Tap Resume to keep your activity going.
- Tap Stop to save your activity. As long as your phone is nearby and Bluetooth is enabled, the ride will upload automatically.
- After the activity is uploaded you can open the app on your Android device, or log in to the website to rename the activity, change its privacy settings, select gear, and set a description.
- Can I install the Wear OS app without downloading the phone app?
- No, you need to install the phone app to get the watch app on your Wear OS device. You can remove it from the wearable while retaining the app on your phone, but not the other way around.
- Will this app work with my Samsung Gear?
- The Ride with GPS watch app is only for devices running Android Wear OS. It currently does not support Tizen OS or other smartwatch operating systems.
- I'm not getting heart rate, what am I doing wrong?
- Not all models have the HR monitor. If your device does have the heart rate sensor built into it, you'll need to make sure the device is snug against your skin and start the recording from the watch rather than the phone.
- Can I change metrics on the watch?
- Start recording from the app on your phone and change metrics there. Your new metrics will be reflected on the watch. If you start recording on the watch, the metrics cannot be changed and will only reflect default metrics.
- How do I stop recording?
- Swipe left until you see the Pause icon. Press Pause, then Stop to finish recording.
- I didn't mean to start recording on my watch, why can't I cancel it without saving?
- This is by design. Since you can't review a ride on the watch, you will have to save it and upload it, then either go to the website or mobile app to delete it.
- What do all these abbreviated metrics mean?
- ELEG – Elevation Gain
ELEL – Elevation Loss
DUR – Duration
SPD – Speed
TAS – Total Average Speed
DIST – Distance
VAM – VAM (velocità ascensionale media)
HR – Heart Rate
CAD – Cadence
RDS – Remaining Distance
TMP – Temperature
POW – Power
AMS – Average Moving Speed
MVT – Moving Time
ELE – (current) Elevation
PAC – Pace
MVP – Moving Pace
TIME – Time
CUE – Distance to Cue
BAT – Battery
AHR – Average Heart Rate
APOW – Average Power (watts)
HDG – Heading (N,S,E,W)
CUE – Bearing to Cue
ACAD – Average Cadence