Leverage Privacy Zones to hide sensitive locations in your rides like your home, school, or workplace.
With a free Starter account, folks can create up to three Privacy Zones total, and can activate or deactivate one zone per month. Premium and Basic subscribers enable unlimited Privacy Zones and modifications.
Note: Privacy Zones will only affect RIDES that you have recorded. Any ROUTES you have created will not be hidden by Privacy Zones. Any routes with sections you wish to keep private should be saved as Private when created.
To access your Privacy Zones log into your account at www.ridewithgps.com Click your Profile Icon in the upper right corner and select Settings > Privacy Zones.
- Find your Privacy Zone location by entering an address in the search bar > click Set.
- Give your zone a name such as Home, Work, or School.
The name is just for your own reference. Nobody else will see these privacy zone settings.
- Select the size of your privacy zone from the drop down list.
- Click Create Privacy Zone.
- Before activating this zone, create any additional zones you wish. Up to 3 zones for Starter subscribers, unlimited zones for Premium and Basic subscribers.
Click Apply Changes to verify your request to apply the zones to your existing and future rides.
Click Apply Changes in the pop-up to confirm and complete your Privacy Zones request.
After the zone changes have been applied, the site will start processing your history of rides. Depending on the number of rides you have, this may take some time. You can refresh the page or come back to it at any time to see if this is complete.
- How many zones can I create?
- Starter (Free) accounts can create up to 3 privacy zones and activate/deactive them at most 1 per month. Premium and Basic users have access to unlimited privacy zones and can activate/deactivate them at any time.
- Do I have to activate individual zones?
- Create the zones you want then activate them all at the same time. Creating a zone then activating it then creating the next zone will take a lot longer to process all your rides.
- If my ride is set to Public or Friends only, will others be able to see my rides in these zones?
- Other users will only be able to see the ride up until it enters a zone.
- My ride passes through one of my privacy zones, will the ride get cut in half?
- The privacy zone will not affect the middle of a ride. It will only obscure the beginning and end of a ride. So if you stop at home for a snack in the middle of a ride then go out again, it will be displayed on the ride.
- I need to move the location of a privacy zone but it won't let me.
- You will need to delete the old zone then create a new zone with the correct location.
- Why aren't my privacy zones being applied to my rides yet?
- Make sure you have clicked Apply Changes to apply the zones to your existing and future rides.