Riding through a spectacular mountain range? Rolling through picturesque farm roads? Using the Ride With GPS app, you can snap a photo, and add it to your ride. This feature is an excellent way to supplement a story and interact with riders, sharing your amazing scenic ride, bike tour, or a spin to your favorite coffee shop with friends.
- In order to add photos to your rides via the app, you'll need to allow access to your photos in the app's permission settings. You can generally find these permissions by tapping your phone's Settings app > scroll to Apps > tap Ride with GPS.
- Using an iPhone, you can choose to allow app access to your full photo library or limit access to photos you've selected individually.
- Note: if you have permissions set for the app to only access selected photos, the app will not automatically find any photos you've taken during your ride. You'll need to approve app access to specific photos each time before you can add them to a ride.
- When you are done with your ride, long press the pause button, and tap Finish Ride. Enter your ride details.
- Tap Add Photos to open the photo selector.
- The app will separate photos taken during the ride duration from your overall photo gallery for easy selection.
- Tap on photos to select them. Selected photos will be indicated by a blue checkmark.
- Tap Save (or Done on Android) in the upper right corner to exit the photo selection menu.
- Tap Save to finish saving your ride and you will see a pop up indicating photo upload progress. Keep the app open until your photos have fully uploaded.
If you forgot to add a photo at the time of save, or if you recorded an activity on a GPS computer and want to photos, you can easily add photos to a saved ride following the steps below:
- Tap to select a ride from your Ride Library.
- Tap the 3 dot menu icon in the upper right corner > tap Edit Details.
- In the edit details screen, tap Add Photos to open the photo selector.
- Tap on photos to select. Selected photos will be indicated by a blue checkmark.
- Tap Add Photos (or Done on Android) in the upper right corner.
- Tap Update to finalize your photo upload.
- To view your saved photos, tap on a Ride containing photos. You'll see thumbnails of your photos displayed just below the map view.
- Tap on photos to expand to full size, scroll left to right to view all photos.
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper left corner of the app home screen.
- Tap Logging > scroll to the Photos section.
- Automatically Find Photos: automatically ask you to add any photos taken with your device’s camera or another app when you tap Finish Ride.
- Only Upload Over WiFi: Photos will only upload over WiFi to help you avoid slow uploads and cell data overage charges.
- Upload Size: Determines the photo quality and size of the upload. The app defaults to HIGH. Note: Uploading full-sized photos will use more network data. You'll likely want to use Only Upload Over WiFi with the High setting selected.
Oops, didn't mean to add that photo? You can easily remove a photo from your ride by opening your ride > tap your photo to expand it > tap the trash can icon in the lower right corner to fully remove the photo from your ride.
- On iPhone, every time I leave the app the photo uploads don't finish, why not?
- Keep the app open until the photo uploads finish.
- Is there a limit the to the number of photos I can upload per ride?
- There is no limit for the number of photos per ride. We recommend connecting to a Wifi network before uploading to save data usage.
- How do I hide photos on my ride that I don't want to share?
- Ride photos share the same privacy setting as the ride they were added to. Change the privacy of your ride to either Friends Only or Private to keep your photos from the public.