Ride with GPS has the best and largest public bike route library on the internet. Use our Find tool to search for your next great route!
Use our Route Planner to make edits to any route you find on our website. You can follow your finalized route using our in-app turn by turn navigation, which is enabled with a Premium or Basic membership.
The Find Page
Use the Find page to discover new routes, whether you're looking for something with specific characteristics, or just want to browse around our public route library.
Ready to Explore?
Find a Route
Search by keywords and apply filters to drill down on routes and rides by specifics like location, length, the amount of climbing involved, and more.
All Rides and Routes - this option search all the public rides and routes on the website. It excludes rides and routes that have been marked as Friends Only or Private. Choose Only My Rides and Routes to search through your personal library.
Starts within X miles of: This field is automatically filled in based on the location set on your Profile. Clear out this field to see results from all over the world.
By default, the search will center on the location that’s noted in your profile or, if you haven’t saved a default location, the search centers on Portland, OR. You can go about saving a default search location here.
Keywords: This field is where you would type in a keyword that is in the name or description of the ride or route you are trying to find.
Length: Move the handles on either side of the slider to set the minimum and maximum distance criteria. Leaving the sliders at the ends defaults to show Any Distance in the results.
Elevation: Move the sliders to set the minimum and maximum amount of elevation gain for the search results. If you are wanting a route with minimal climbing, leave the minimum on the far left and set the max to something around 5,000 or lower.
Surfaces are defined as follows:
- Paved = 0-2% unpaved
- Mostly paved = 2-15% unpaved
- Mixed surfaces = 15-85% unpaved
- Mostly unpaved = 60-95% unpaved
- Unpaved = 95-100% unpaved
- Loop Routes must start and end within 10% of the distance of the route, or 4 miles, whichever is shorter.
- Out & Back Route appears to overlap itself at least 65% of the time then we call it an out & back, otherwise it’s a loop.
- Point to Point If route does not overlap start/end, it is a point to point.
- Turn by turn routes Only routes that have cuesheets will show in the search result. This is especially important to select if you plan on using these routes on the mobile app for iPhone and Android.
A Ride is a recording/activity from a GPS unit or mobile app that contains a path with time information.
A Route, unlike a ride, does not have any time information associated with it. A route also typically has a cue sheet which is required for voice navigation.
A route is desired for navigation purposes. However, a ride can be converted into a route if desired.