Your Tour Operator account will have two types of members: permanent Tour Operator account members (tour staff) who will administrate the account and run the tours, and event members (tour participants) who will be associated with specific events created by the Tour Operator. Tour staff will be added to the Tour Operator account itself, while tour participants will be added to the specific events for which they have signed up.
To add tour participants to a tour event page, you will use an auto-approval code that you can send out to participants via email. To do this, log in to the Tour Operator account and open a tour event. Click the invite participants link.
You will see a pop-up box with an auto-approval code that you can copy and paste into email, social media, or any other messaging platform you use to communicate with tour participants.
Anyone who clicks the auto-approval code will be granted automatic approval for the event page. If they are not signed in, they will be prompted to sign in to the Ride with GPS website or to create an account. (For more information on what your participants will see, see the participant quick start guide.)
After you have invited participants to your event, you can see who has RSVP’ed and manage their access.
Click Manage Participants to see who has already RSVP’ed for your event. Participant information can be viewed, a tag can be added, messages can be sent, access removed, or the rider can be unexpired from the event.
While your tour participants will be added only to the events in which they are participating, you can add your staff as account members. To do this, log in to your Tour Operator account, and scroll down to view your member list. Click Invite members.
You will see a pop-up box with an auto-approval code. You can copy and paste this code to distribute it to your staff via email or other messaging services.
When you send out the auto-approval link to your staff to add them to the account, we recommend also sending them a link to the tour account help portal as well to give them an overview of the account.
Once you have added your staff to your Tour Operator account, you can assign abilities:
- Account Admins: have the ability control account settings, lock routes, edit account description, and have all the other manager permissions.
- Route Managers: have the ability to add, edit, delete routes and events from the library.
- Billing Managers: have the ability to view and edit the subscription information and transaction history for the Tour account.
- Member Managers: have the ability to add, remove, assign privileges of other members, and mark existing members as active or inactive.
Club member information is only visible to those that are assigned as Admin and Member Manager..
Click on the column headers to sort your members and participants, click a second time to reverse the sort order.
Once you have set up your Tour Operator account and added tour staff, members with route manager status can create events for each tour being hosted by the Tour Operator account. Once the events are created, tour participants can be invited.
Staff that are member managers can tag members. This allows you to add members to specific groups, which you can then filter on and message in bulk. Members can have as many tags as you choose to add.
- Select the members you wish to tag.
- Click Set Tags
- In the Tags field, type in the desired tag or click to show the list of available tags.
- After you have typed a tag, press enter to complete the tag. It will appear in a small box.
- Repeat these steps to add additional tags to the same members.
- Click the Add Tags button to finish adding the tag to the members or click Remove Tags to remove the tag from the members.