The Event account works much like your personal Ride with GPS account, except it can be used by multiple members to administer routes for your event-planning organization. Each Event account has its own list of routes, event pages, calendar, and can be used to plan new routes.
When you sign into Ride with GPS, you will always be signing into your personal account. We assign event account permissions to your personal account, which allows you to dynamically control who has access to your event account assets.
- After you sign into your personal account, click the icon on the lefthand navigation bar on your dashboard.
- Your new Event Account page will have a default event account icon until you upload your own logo icon.
- Click the icon to access your event account page.
To start configuring your account, click the Manage Account button on your organization's navigation bar. Only members with the Admin and Billing Manager permissions will have access to this page.
- Name: The name of your organization.
- Subhead: A single sentence to describe your organization.
- Facebook URL: (Optional) Paste in a link to your organization's Facebook page.
- Twitter URL: (Optional) Paste in a link to your organization's Twitter account.
- Instagram URL: (Optional) Paste in a link to your club's Instagram account.
- Contact Name: The name of the organization admin members should contact with questions.
- Contact Email: The email of the organization admin members should contact with questions.
- Logo Image: A squared image of your organization logo (used as the image for inviting members to the account and to events).
- Cover Image: A photo to represent your ridership.
Make sure to click Save to retain all your changes.
Make sure to click Save to retain your location change.
- Only allow members with invite link to join account:
- Riders can only join if they click the auto-approval link that is shared with them.
- Require members to set a name and e-mail address:
- This allows you to get a name and e-mail address from anyone.
- Enable messages
- A message board to share with account members.
- Allow members to post messages
- Allow all members to post messages to the rest of your account members.
- Default privacy setting for routes
- Set a default privacy for your routes when routes are save or copied to the account.
- Default privacy setting for events
- Set a default privacy for your events when events are created
- Default privacy setting for rides
- Set a default privacy for rides when rides are uploaded to the account
- Disable ability to copy routes for everyone except route managers
- Remove the option on all of your routes to allow them to be copied by people other than those signed into your account.
- Enable calendar & events
- A shared calendar to announce rides.
- Default to List View Calendar View
- Set the club’s event page to default to Calendar View or List View
- Use metric units when signed into club:
- The club preferences will over-ride the rider’s preferences when viewing a route.
Members assigned the Billing Manager and Admin permissions have the ability access the Billing tab where they’ll be able to add and update payment information, see transaction history, and print receipts.
- View the account account status if inactive or yearly
- View the Transaction log to see previous charges and dates
- Update payment info
- View next billing date
- Generate a receipt
- Click Transaction Log
- Click Receipt for the transaction PDF to be downloaded to your computer.
- Print out the PDF for your records.
Now that you have set up your Event account page and configured the settings, it's time to set up your Route Library.