The POI Library is where you will create and store information for your local businesses, services, lodging, viewpoints, attractions, bike friendly business program, or virtually anything else you can think of.
The POI Library will serve 2 primary functions:
- Adding POI to routes in bulk
- Instead of having to create each POI for each route individually, with your account, you can simply maintain a library of POI, tag them, and then add them to any route or routes all at once. For example, if you have a particular cafe you want included in a dozen routes, you no longer have to add that POI to a dozen individual routes. Simply create the POI from the library, and then add it to all 12 routes at once.
- Categorizing your POI for your Embed Library embeds
- In the POI Library you'll tag your POIs and this is how we will aggregate them into the category tabs on your tourism map embeds. For example, you want a map embed on your site for all city routes. You then have 30 POI you'd like available as 5 categories. You'll tag all 30 of those POI with "city routes", then tag six of them with a "food" tag, six of them with a "lodging" tag, and so on. When you're ready for the map embed you'll request all POIs tagged "city routes" and categorized into "food", "lodging", and anything else you can think of.
- Sign into your account.
- Click on POI Library.
- Click the Add POI button to bring up a pop up where you will select your POI location and enter information.
- Place your POI by clicking on the desired location on the map. Use the + and - buttons to zoom in or out on the map.
- Once you've placed your POI, select a POI icon from the list that appears. Then, add a POI name, description, URL, and tags.You can drag the POI to reposition it on the map or click it once to see the available POI icon types.
- Click Save to save your POI.
You can tag your POI to make them easier to sort and to organize them for association with routes in the regional embed. To do this:
- Select the POI you wish to tag.
- Click set tags
- In the Tags field, type in the desired tag, or click to show the list of available tags.
- After you have typed a tag, press enter to complete the tag. It will appear in a small box.
- Repeat these steps to add additional tags to the same route.
- Click the add tags button to finish adding the tag to the route or click remove tags to remove the tag from the route.
You can add one or many POIs to one or many routes all at the same time. To do this:
- Check the box next to one or many POIs that you want to add to a route or multiple routes.
- Click the add to routes button below the POI library
- Start typing the name of a route you want to add POI to. When it appears, click it. Repeat this process for each route you want to add the POI to.
- When all desired routes have been selected, click the Add To Routes button and all selected POI will be added to all selected routes