Cycling clubs can use Ride with GPS to host their route library and provide some great RWGPS features to their members, like turn by turn navigation on club routes. Read on to learn how you can use your club account membership.
Club members get access to certain upgraded features, like offline maps and in-app navigation, on routes that are provided in their Club's route library. A Premium or Basic membership will unlock these tools on all routes and rides.
The first step is to register your personal Ride with GPS account as a member of your club. Use your personal Ride with GPS account, or create a free profile if you're new to our platform. Then, find your club or search for a club in your area using our Club Directory.
Depending on how your club has set up their account, you can either click an Apply to Join button on their club account page to request membership, or you may have been provided with a direct link to join by your club managers.
- Log into the app using the same account credentials you use on the website.
- Tap More in the lower right corner > tap Club > tap your Club's name.
- Tap to select Organization Routes to view your club's route library.
- Tap a route to open the route summary page > tap Navigate to begin navigating the route. The app may take a moment to lock-on to your position. Once it is locked, your position will show on the map as a blue dot, and you can begin riding.
- Tap to open a route from your club's route library in the route summary page.
- Tap Save from the bottom of the screen > tap Download for Offline. The amount of time it will take to download the route will depend on the length of the route and the area covered.
- To locate your downloaded routes, tap Library from the app homepage, then tap Offline.
- Tap the route name to open it > tap Navigate.
Learn more about using the Offline Maps feature for iPhone and Android.
- To maximize battery life, keep the screen off as much as possible. Having the screen always on consumes a lot of battery power.
- Turn up the volume on your phone to max or use an ear piece to listen for navigation cues.
- When riding in areas without cellular reception, put your phone in airplane mode so it doesn't waste power trying to connect to cell towers.
If you have any questions about a club account, contact Club Support.