Get rolling quickly and easily by using the Send to Device tab to sync routes seamlessly from the Ride with GPS website directly to your smartphone, Garmin Edge device, or Wahoo GPS.
Send to Device
The Send to Device button is located in the upper left toolbar on any standard route page. Click the button and follow the onscreen prompts to send the route to your iPhone or Android device via push notification. Users with the Ride with GPS app installed will be automatically redirected to the routes by tapping the prompt.
The three dot menu on the right hand side of the Send to Device button allows the following additional options:
- Send to a different device will help you switch between iOS and Android phones. This selection provides prompts for wireless Wahoo sync and manual export to a Garmin Edge device.
- More Export Options lets you select from a range of file formats for manual exporting. This can be helpful when using Ride with GPS across different GPS computers.
Find Sent Routes in the App
- Sent routes will appear on your phone as a push notification. Simply follow the prompt to access the route.
- You can also find sent routes under Library > Pinned.
- All sent routes are automatically pinned by default for easy access.
Garmin Edge Devices
Look for your Starred Routes on your Wahoo device:
- Press the Routes page on the ELEMNT.
- Select sort by Starred.
The starred routes displayed on your Wahoo will be the routes pinned within your Ride with GPS account.
Learn more about setting up your Wahoo ELEMNT or Bolt.
More Export Options
Choose from FIT, TCX, GPX, and more file types for export. An array of standard GPS file types will be available for selection including Google Earth KML, map and profile images. The Send to Device button will default to the last file type exported. You can change this at any time by simply selecting and exporting a new file type. For more on various file formats, be sure to check out this page on GPS file formats.
- I'm not getting notifications on my iPhone or Android!
- Make sure you're signed into the app. We use your account to push the route to your phone.
- If you're signed in, make sure you're using the same account on web and mobile.
- Easily locate your sent routes within the pinned section of your route library.
- I don't see my Garmin device listed or I don't have an Edge series device, how do I get a route?
- Check out Export Routes to Garmin for more information.
- Do I need a paid account to use this?
- You can use Send to Device with a free Starter account, but to use voice navigation or offline maps with our app, upgrade to a Basic or Premium subscription.