When you join Ride with GPS, you become part of a global network of cyclists. If you choose to, you can share your activities with your community, look at your feed to see what friends are up to, and follow the adventures of other cyclists from all around the world.
Feeling antisocial? You can enable a Private Profile to hide your account from other Ride with GPS users, and search engines.
Your feed displays the activities of users you follow. It’s a great place to see what your friends are up to, get ideas for new routes to ride, and see photos from the road.
You can view your feed in the app home screen and our website.
These two categories designate which users can view your routes, rides and other activities. These categories ensure you have control over your privacy, while giving you the opportunity to share and follow along with the adventures of other users.
Click to learn more about our three activity and account privacy settings: Public, Friends-only, and Private.
Following a user allows you to see all the user's publicly shared activities within your personal feed. You won't be able to see any of their private or friends-only activities.
Likewise, if other users follow you, they will see your publicly shared activities in their own feed.
- Log into your account on the website: www.ridewithgps.com.
- Click Feed > then Find Friends in the upper right corner of your screen
- Enter the users name or RWGPS username > click the correct result to open their profile page
- Click Follow under their username to follow the user
- Once you're following the user click Add to Friends to add the user as a Friend as well.
Find, Follow & Friend a user on the app:
You can scan a shared QR code of another users profile to quickly access their profile in person, or you can search for them directly in the app and follow them using the steps below:
- Open the app and tap More > Follows
- Tap the search icon in the upper right corner
- Enter the users name or RWGPS user name
- Tap the correct search result to open their profile and tap Follow
- Once you're following a user tap the three dot menu icon and select Add Friend
You're in control of who gets to see your activities and account, so if you do not want a specific user to view your account or activities, you can block their account. Note: blocking a user is not reversible and the user will not be notified.
- Log into your RWGPS account and view the users profile on the app or website
- Click the 3 dot menu icon below the users name and select Block.
If you no longer want to see a user's activities in your feed, open the user's profile, hover over the Following button and click Unfollow. The user's future activity will no longer be visible in your feed.
You can easily remove a user from your Friends without unfollowing or blocking them. Click Remove from Friends on the user's profile banner to change their status to Follower only.
Any form of harassment is not tolerated by Ride with GPS, and we encourage you to report a user if they subject you to a bad experience.
- Open the other party's profile.
- Click the three dot menu icon and select Report Harassment.
After submitting your report, the user you've reported will immediately be blocked from seeing any of your future activities, and our Support Team will follow up with you to discuss next steps.
Learn more about how to manage your account privacy settings.
- I'm not able to find my friend's profile when I search for them in the app or on the website.
- Your friend may have a private profile or friends-only profile, in which case you won't be able to see their profile in search results. They'll need to share a direct link with you to their profile in order for you to follow them.